Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My future ramblings

Hi, I won't be introducing as an official post of T.E. because it's more me rambling
Though some of you might be able to relate (?!) if you do please tell me,
I need to know that more people are going through the same

I know my drawing skill aren't all that, but here goes.

I'm facing one of the most important decisions in my life, what I'm going to do after I graduate High School
The problem is, I want to do too much without knowing whether I really want it or not...
I'm sure some of you guys have gone through this before, unless you're the 'I have a dream' or 'I know what I want and I'm going for it' people
Not that I have anything against you guys, but you really piss me off because I'm totally jealous of how sure you guys are, especially when I only have today left to decide
I know I should have done better my best to research everything, but I just put it off again and again because I hated making this decision...
Truth is... I'm scared, what if I make the wrong decision? What if I drop the thing I was actually meant to do? What if I should have just listened to my parents and followed the path they want for me? Do what I don't want to survive?
What if what I choose isn't what I was supposed to do?

Everywhere, everyone around me... Friends who know what they want to do, family who wants me to do something fixed (the stereotypical Indian parents who only find that Medicine, Law & Engineering are the only legit career choices and business) what am I supposed to do?

I've always been the type that gets dilemmas over the smallest of things...

What if I want to become a doctor? What if that's the path I should choose?
What if I don't actually want to, but have been brainwashed into it?

What do I want? What do I want? What do I want? What do I want? What do I want? What do I want?

Can any of you imagine the stress I'm going through,
if you're doing something you love
if you understand the predicament I'm going through
if you have genuine advice, what would it be?

Telling me to follow my dreams : what am I supposed to do if I don't have a dream, nor have I ever had one.
Telling me to do what I like: what if what I like can't provide food on the table or be able to convince my parents that I'm not following the wrong path

How I wish there was something I could do, that would combine my interests and get my parents' permission...

If you're reading this blog, and have read my posts before this, it's pretty clear what I like, is it not?

Language, Culture, Relations between countries...

Lately my parents have been pushing me for business studies, but I don't know anything about it? I can look about it online for a while but is there a course that will allow me to combine what I'm interested in with what could keep my parents happy?

Please, I need advice right now... And if you've been able to pull yourself through these future ramblings of a teenager, please...
ANYthing?

Sorry, this blog is supposed to be me centre-ing everything around Eurasia, but here I am using it as outlet of my frustrations...

No comments:

Post a Comment