Monday, September 30, 2013

Language and Culture - Reason for my writing (?)


Hi and welcome to my second official post

This blog is named totally eurasian - and there's a reason behind it. If I didn't go into it too deeply in my introduction, I will now.
Through this blog, my aim is to help break down the barrier between different cultures - every country has its own history, its own traditions, its own culture and languages. They all have something to offer to the world, but there's a barrier around this intention. A barrier consisting of prejudice / unwillingness to try something new / the inability to accept another .
In this world, however, which is becoming more and more interrelated, this world which is becoming more and more mixed. I want this barrier which has separated us all for so long, to slowly but surely start showing cracks. My aim (even though It's me going overboard and I know perfectly well that I'm hoping for too much) but I want to help make cracks in this barrier.
I want to learn about the world and what it's made of, I want to help make this world a better place to live and I believe that that's only possible if we learn to accept others and learn from them.

Culture is an amazing thing, there are so many different cultures on this world which took decades to establish themselves. For me I believe Europe and Asia to be the most diverse places I am personally related to, and very interested in.

This belief is strongly supported and solidifies thanks to my parents partly. They've always been the stereotypical 'Indian' parents. They love me and want what's best for my future, and for them it was me becoming a doctor. It's a noble profession, and because they wanted me to become on so badly I was confused for a very long time always wondering whether I shouldn't just listen to my parents. However, I think... And this is just me thinking, but my future-

My future, I want to write it myself... I'm not sure whether the path I'm choosing will be the best one, but it might be the best one for me...

Language and culture - Europe and Asia. I want to explore this more, I want to learn about it more, I want to discover it and help the world by breaking down this barrier I've talked about.

Again, I know perfectly well that this barrier, which has been there for so long (probably from the time that every single country was still joined and cavemen - our ancestors - were ruling the place) can't be broken by a single person...
Even though that is the case, I still want to atleast give it a shot, and if even one person takes what I've written seriously and considers it for a moment or two, I'll be more than happy to have made the tiniest bit of an influence. Yes, I know it's going to be super-tiny, but it's there.

On this note, for me, everything I know (pretty much except the basic stuff you have to have to learn in school) comes from TV. I mean, the english language (TV!) , hindi (TV) , broken bits and pieces of korean/japanese (TV!!!!)
The same way literature represents what a culture and a country and the times people live in is about, I believe that TV does the same, because the things we see on TV are physical manifestations (not sure if I used this word right, but I sure hope I did) of what we read.

My first official post about K-POP conquering the world. Well, it's a possibility by the amount of fans growing by the minute. My future posts will be europe-asia oriented, because I am Indian, but I was born and raised in Belgium and I absolutely love both. Especially the film and media, because like it or not... In this world which is becoming more and more 'modern' , film and media play a very big role and I intend to explore what kinds of effects they have + discuss most of them.

Again, confusing post... Maybe, quite messy and not organized. Still trying to find my 'writing voice' and all, but I hope you guys will still bear with me :P

PrinCkhera

No comments:

Post a Comment